Friday, October 14, 2011

16 petal Lotus

Here is my "play" for this morning. I wasn't too sure what I was going to experiment on, but started and voila here is a sixteen petal lotus flower.

Now what am I going to do with it ???

14mm Swarovski olivine rivoli centre with olive green shell pearls, AB gold magatamas, 2mm round Czech gold lustre beads and matt green 11/0s and bronze 15/0 seed beads. My work is getting more and more fine and I am loving it.

I checked out the symbolism of a 16 petal flower and it represents the throat chakra which is "expression of being".

I think I am expressing my creativity, not too sure about my being. Striving for the balance of exercise, diet, relaxation, caring for myself and home etc.

 I think the jewellery making has control of me and I am not in control of the jewellery making. But then isn't that the behaviour of an addict?? Having conquered all my early life "addictions" I think I can happily live with being addicted to beading.

i most certainly will post a picture of what I will do with it. I may use it as a pendant (how boring), or centre it in a necklace (much better idea).

No comments:

Post a Comment