Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Out of nowhere


Have you ever noticed how beads take on a life of their own?

Yesterday morning I sat down with an idea in mind to create. I had begun getting out different colours to make this plan and suddenly noticed a strand of green Chinarovski crystal rhondelles sitting near my bead mat.

I picked up the rhondelles and began to get out beads to make something with them. It was a complete shift away from my original intention.

The image above is the final result of playing with the rhondelles and
I call this my "Green Ice" pendant.

I have had this kind of thing happen many many times in the past and was wondering if others experience this "control" by beads.   


6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous piece!I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genial,me encanta,mi color preferido el verde.Un beso

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precioso. con una delicadeza, como todo lo que haces

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very fine, elegant one! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patrick, you wrote: "I have had this kind of thing happen many many times in the past and was wondering if others experience this "control" by beads."

    Yes, this too has happened tome in more areas than one, when I relinquish my own ideas and design and let the medium / inspiration take over. I think that place and that space is truly "magic" and the peace that we all seek when we create.

    That outside "control" is what we call true inspiration, and what makes art and artists "genius." It seems to happen to me when I allow the music or the medium to "take me away," which is what art is really all about, isn't it? Transformation of the very best kind. And why so few can do it. You have done this, "created" these beautiful pieces, in spades! A bit of heaven on earth for sure. Gracias!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't really know how to describe that place that you are talking about, when the outside takes "control," but your description is as good as any. For me, it's the Silver Stream that I can dip my toe in and eventually dive into, and it flows through and in and out of me like waves to the shore. It's really Divine Inspiration, I think. Your piece reminds me of Sacred Geometry that I've been reading about. Really beautiful in it's repeated simplicity. The whole being greater than the sum of the parts. Magic.

    ReplyDelete