Friday, August 30, 2013

"Sherrab" - my pendant tutorial


I am pleased to share my next tutorial with you for a pendant I call "Sherrab"

I have a bead store quite close to my home owned by Chinese people and they have a large range of Chinese crystal beads in all sorts of shapes and sizes and colours and very affordable.
Each time I walk into the store they grab my attention.

I know a lot of people don't value Chinese crystals all that much but in the 7 years I have been beading their quality is getting better and better. They are more consistent in sizing, the holes are great for bead weaving - albeit a bit sharp but multiple thread passes fix that problem - just like Swarovski crystals.

I particularly love the opaque coloured rhondelles they have and recently designed a necklace component using the green rhondelles you see above. I showed the component to friends who loved it, which then prompted me to make a pendant and write a tutorial.

My "Sherrab" tutorial has 20 full colour graphic illustrations explaining each step for the Red pendant and has three variations included - all the images above can be made from the one tutorial. 
Some knowledge of peyote stitch is required so it is very suitable for a Beginner. 

Should you be interested just copy and paste my Artfire connection below to check it out.
I hope you like my designs.




http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/patrickduggandesigns






5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love all of them!Each of them are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amy, much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woow, the blue is my fav! :) ...But it's all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty!!!!!!!!! Aqua and orange my favorite!!!!!!!


    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Hard to decide which one I like the best, all of them are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete