Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Travelling again.

I am getting very excited as my next trip to the USA and my second visit to the Bead & Button 
show is getting closer, not to mention my teaching in New York at Beads by Blanche.

I have been busily writing tutorials for months now. I also did a new design I am calling my
"Erin Isles" collection and have been kitting, figuring out printing, labels and packaging for 
these as well. 


The pic on the left is my 
Erin Isles - Forest Glen colour way.
The pic on the right is my
Erin Isles - Seafoam colour way.

I did do another colour scheme but wasn't happy with it so it was pulled apart.

Every experienced beaders can get it wrong sometimes.

There is such a lot of work involved when designing, writing tutorials, making and packing kits.
When travelling to teach there is not just one design to consider but many. I have not been one
for kitting my designs so when I travel to teach a mountain of work has to happen.

My intention - when I return from this journey - will be designing and kitting more regularly. 
If I do this then when I accept another teaching gig the work will already be done - well that
is the hope !!

I have been bead-weaving now for some 8 years and I am still learning heaps, still getting
my act together, still loving beading - with a passion. I doubt that will ever change.

I will be posting up my travel pics along the way so stay tuned and see what mischief I get up to.

Bon Voyage to me !!   LOL

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Patrick on your beautiful designs...may you have a wonderful and safe journey :-)
    -Eva Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again Eva Maria
    many thanks for your comment. I am pretty excited the travelling is happening again. Not looking forward to the 19 hour flight, however I have some holidaying to make up for it.
    Always appreciate your visits

    Many thanks,
    Patrick

    ReplyDelete